Have you integrated social media into your marketing strategy? If not you are missing out on a valuable part of your total marketing package. Social media is widespread and extremely powerful. Since it influences search rankings, enhancing your brand’s presence on social media can significantly impact the reach you have.
Take a look at these big-picture numbers:
- 72 percent of all Internet users are active on social media
- 89 percent of people aged 18-29 years old are active social media users
- 72 percent of individuals between the ages of 30 and 49 are active on social media platforms
- 60 percent of those in the 50-60 age brackets are engaged in social media
- 43 percent of those over 65 years old are using social media
This shows us that no matter what age range your target market may fall into, the majority of people are using social media on a regular basis.
When it comes to social media marketing and the ever-changing Facebook, check out these numbers:
- 47 percent of American people say that Facebook is one of the top influencers on their decision to make a purchase
- 70 percent of marketers say that they acquire new customers through Facebook
- There are 1 million websites that can be accessed using your Facebook login
With Twitter now using the power-house of visual media – images and video right in your newsfeed – it can make a substantial impact for your business.
- 34 percent of marketers say they use Twitter for lead generation
- There are over 215 million monthly active users on Twitter
- There is an average of 58 million tweets per day
These numbers are quite telling about the social media marketing world. We use these numbers to make informed decisions when it comes to what platforms you should be on and how to generate the best possible outcome for your brand. Susan J. Campbell firmly believes that social media marketing should be best friends with other content marketing and a fantastic responsive website. Contact us today to find out how we can make social media marketing work for you.