- I love to birdwatch…I know it’s nerdy, but I don’t care!
- I hate scary movies – real life is scary enough sometimes!
- I am a licensed cosmetologist, but the last time I worked in a salon feels like a lifetime ago.
- I despise domestic duties – dishes, laundry, dusting, etc. I do like to cook however!
- My favorite food is Mexican -mmmm Margaritas, on the rocks with salt, none of those foo foo flavors! Although John’s Pizza in NYC would have to take a close second. I’m not a big fan of Chicago style stuffed with lots of junk kind; just the thin crust, fold it in half, cheese kind!
- I have been happily married for 19 years to my high school sweetheart, Brian, and have 2 sons, Will and Hayden.
- My first job was at Dairy Queen and I could make a mean dilly bar! My second job was at KMart and I used to do Blue Light Specials over the intercom – “in our ladies department we will be taking an extra 20% off…”
- I love the beach, but I don’t like to get in the water – jellyfish, sharks, seaweed…
- I love to travel and experience new places. I have been to Canada, Germany, France, and Mexico – I would love to go to Greece, Italy, and back to Paris someday.
- I love to read, but I think Ernest Hemingway’s writing is borrrriiinnnnggg and a couple of my favorite books are Prodigal Summer and A Thousand Splendid Suns.
- I hate public speaking/being the center of attention – my face and neck turn 20 shades of red! I’m almost sure that one of the reasons I never finished college was because I knew I would have to take a speech class to graduate!
- I love to work in my garden, there is nothing like the taste of fresh, home-grown vegetables.
- I want to raise chickens, but am afraid the foxes and coyotes that live near my house would end that endeavor very swiftly!
- I love coffee, on my porch any time of day!
- I love a glass of wine especially if it’s accompanied by good conversation and great friends!
- And I love learning new things, which led me to SJC Copywriting Solutions. The role that I play in the company is one that is constantly changing and forcing me to stretch my brain, which is a good thing. I feel like I have grown as a person in so many ways since joining the SJC Team. And being a part of this team is an experience that I am glad to be a part of!
Susan’s Take on Heather:
As a business owner, one of my jobs is to constantly evaluate how we are doing, whether or not we are serving our customers effectively and identify the right people to fill gaps within our organization. I get requests from people on a regular basis to consider them for employment, but I’m very picky when it comes to joining my team. My name is on everything and you have to be able to live up to a pretty high standard.
Bringing new people on to our team is always an exciting time, but it’s heightened when that team member is so enthusiastic about her role that she is willing to try anything. Heather brought with her such excitement and enthusiasm to try anything we asked her to do, that she has been a tremendous asset. Not only does she handle all of our social media coordination, she also identifies opportunities for our team to participate in local events that support great causes.
There are a number of times I hand a project to Heather that forces her to learn a new industry, gain new technological knowledge or stretch her thinking into new areas. She always jumps on these assignments, willing to tackle the challenge. With so much to accomplish each week, it’s wonderful to have someone like her supporting us every step of the way.