We know a great target audience when we see one and the numbers aren’t lying: there is a reason why businesses are putting their brand strategies into overdrive in order to keep up with a certain generation; the Millennials.
Millennials are the generation known as anyone born between the 1980s and 2000s. They’ve been online for years and they were the first people to send text messages and are forward thinking in all things social media. Most importantly, for businesses, this generation wants to do something with the information brands have to offer. They don’t want big promises. They want interaction, engagement and personality from brands.
If you make the shift from the famous “return on investment” mindset and switch your company’s brand strategy to deliver a “return on involvement” you will undoubtedly see a positive change happen. Still not convinced? Consider this:
- 84 percent of Millennials report that user-generated content usually influences their purchase choices
- The influence the Millennials have on what others are purchasing has generated $500 billion each year
- 74 percent of children aged 12-17 report using social networks to share their opinions about products
- Compared to other generations, Millennials are nearly 250 percent more likely to be influenced by blogs and social networks
- 43 percent of Millennials check for coupons or promotions via smartphone apps while shopping in a store
- 60 percent of Millennials are actively rating products and services.
So where can you create a brand strategy that’s aimed at reaching these Millennials? That’s the easy part. Just contact the professional marketing team at Susan J. Campbell Copywriting Solutions, where brand strategies, social media strategies and unique content are created specifically for the needs of your business.