In the realm of using social media to promote your brand, have you taken the time to build out your strategy to ensure you get more bang for your buck? Even if you are doing all of your own social media tasks, you still need a roadmap, something that guides your actions and your message, ensuring it’s true to your brand.
To that end, there are certain social media truths that must be considered when building your strategy. You’ve likely heard some of these in the past, while others may be something new. All are worth consideration – especially if your social media strategy could use a facelift. Take a look and see if any of these truths hit a nerve:
- The next big thing is a drain on resources
- Consumers want to be inspired
- Markets are created through communities
- People don’t want to buy things, they want to be a part of something (refer to point 3 on communities)
- Don’t just seek the Like – go for the engagement
- Bring value to the table – don’t just shout advertisements
- Be real
- Be realistic
- Use tools only as tactics not your overall strategy
- There are no guaranteed results
- Do the hard stuff first
- A broken business is not fixed with social media
- Fix the business strategy before launching the social media strategy
- Avoid automation when engagement applies
- Study your audience – learn from their actions and activities
- You will lose followers
- You will get criticized
- Don’t stress over where to start – just start
- Measure, measure, measure – but only those things that matter
- Only communicate on a human level – only the tools are computerized.
That wasn’t so bad, was it? Only a 20 item list – and each item is digestible. It’s true that there are many more truths to add to make your social media strategy take off, but this list is a great place to start. The point is to take a closer look at the mechanics of social media and how they apply in your environment. At the same time, keep in mind that it’s not the be all to business success – it simply gets you in the conversation.
Pingback: #Tags and Twitter – How To Build A Better Online Brand | Veribo blog
Pingback: Surprise: Storytelling May Not Actually Get Results from Content Marketing | sjc copywriting solutions
Pingback: Pinterest Shopping | sjc copywriting solutions
Pingback: Engaging Social Media Fans by Listening | sjc copywriting solutions
Pingback: No More Random Acts of Video Ads: Social Video Becomes the Evolved Method | sjc copywriting solutions
Pingback: Monday Morning Coffee with Spirit Miller | sjc copywriting solutions
Pingback: Slow and Steady Wins the Social Media Marketing Race | sjc copywriting solutions
Pingback: Top Tips to Grow Your Social Media Strategy | sjc copywriting solutions
A great list of 20. Nice job.
Thanks so much!