All too often, marketers under utilize some of their best available resources. With the social media hype, email often gets pushed to the side. But don’t forget that email lists consist of fans who are already interested in what you have to say.
There are always ways to improve email marketing communications, but the effectiveness of this channel should not be underestimated. If you don’t currently have a link on your website allowing followers to sign up for emails, get one. Here are 8 simple steps taken from a blog at discmakers.com which can dramatically improve email marketing success.
- Make it easy for interested parties to subscribe to your emails or enewsletter. The link to join should be prominently displayed at the top of each page to attract attention.
- Use a hook that will entice visitors to provide their email. Free giveaways and discounts usually work well for this purpose and can help bolster interest.
- Follow through on what you promise. Include confirmation of the free offer on the sign-up verification page. If those signing up don’t receive the offer as promised, the effort to improve email marketing will backfire.
- Extend an invitation to join the email list to all parties emailing you through your website.
- In the process of networking, don’t forget to solicit sign-ups. Having prominent businesses or groups on your fan list may be enough to encourage others to join.
- Include a forwarding link in each email so that content (and your brand) can be quickly disseminated to others.
- Improve email marketing effectiveness by providing a call-to-action section in each communication which directs fans regarding what to do next such as “Like” your Facebook page.
- Subscribe to your own list to monitor user experience. It’s important not to bombard or annoy fans with information, and this is a good way to ensure that’s not happening.
The content experts at Susan J. Campbell have the know-how to improve email marketing communications across various industries, and we have the track record to prove it. Call or click today to learn more about this and other valuable services we offer.
Pingback: Monday Morning Coffee with Susan | sjc copywriting solutions
Pingback: 3 Ways to Optimize your Marketing | sjc copywriting solutions
Pingback: Email Campaign Marketing Should be Timely and Seasonal | sjc copywriting solutions
Pingback: Ramp up Your Holiday Email Marketing Campaigns | sjc copywriting solutions
Pingback: Email Newsletter Marketing Sees Changes | sjc copywriting solutions